Altea City Council makes a constant effort to make our websites easy to access and use for everyone. We follow the Web Content Accessibility (WCAG 2.0) rules and guidelines produced by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines are a set of checkpoints and guidelines that help ensure that web pages are designed and written correctly. Some examples are:
- Images must have alternative text.
- The color contrast between the foreground and background should be noticeable.
- Ability to adjust the text size according to user preferences.
- Headings should be used correctly and have a purpose.
- The links should make sense on their own.
- Charts and tables should be used to lay out information that expresses different values and should have appropriate headings and summaries.
Our goal is to achieve compliance with AA standards throughout our site. We also look for opportunities to meet AAA standards.
Observations & Suggestions
We are committed to providing access to all people, with or without disabilities. If you have any problems using our website, please contact us and provide the URL (web page address) of the material you attempted to access, the problem you experienced, and your contact information. We will do our best to respond to you and provide you with the information you are looking for.